Sunday, September 16, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday, Jennifer Lynne!

Happy Birthday, My "Lil' Angel Baby"! You turned 6 years old today. I have been looking at your baby pictures all week. I wanted to post those on here but haven't had the time to do it. I wanted to scrap them in your book but the last six years have gone by so quickly and though I have taken lots of pictures of you, I have yet to put them in a book. I vow to change that this next year so that on September 16 we can look through a scrapbook and see the years gone by of how you have grown into such a wonderful young lady. And next year I will take the time to post those special pictures of you throughout the years that should be on here for everyone to enjoy!

You were born at 9:25 a.m. on Sunday morning. You were 9 pounds 6 1/2 ounces. You were born in 55 minutes of labor. Your 14 year old sister was in the delivery room when you were born. That made it very special. We had lots of friends from church come to see you that day and the next. I can not believe 6 years has gone by already. Every year has been such a joy with you as I watch you grow and change.

Each year we let you pick the "character" theme for your party. This year your favorite thing is Holly Hobbie. They don't make party stuff yet so I went on line and made invitations and thank you notes. I got Ms Cathy to make your cake (as always, she did such a great job). I let you pick where you were going to have your party because last year you didn't get a chance to have a party. You wanted Chuck E. Cheese so we did it. I picked Saturday morning at 9:30 because I knew it would be almost empty until almost noon. We invited your friends from church, school, the apartments we teach at and just friends outside of any of those. You had 25 friends come to your party, plus parents. That is a great turn out.

Your cake turned out cute!

Your 1st Grade Teacher, Ms Kirkpatrick

Your Best Friend, Kamryn

Afterwards, we came home and unpacked all of your gifts. You played with the My Little Pony house for most of the afternoon. Even after stopping and playing with something else you always went back to that. I would say that had to be one of your very favorite gifts this year.

Today you wore your new dress that you got from one of my daycare kids. You looked so pretty! That great smile just made my day, all day. I know this next year will pass just as quickly as the last one did. So lets make sure we take some moments together and share how your day was and what you are thinking about and dreaming about. I don't want to miss a second of your life. I love you so very much, words are not enough to tell you. God gave me a great gift 6 years ago and I am forever grateful!
Love, Mommy

Until next time...blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment