Wednesday, April 9, 2008

25 Years Later....


On April 2, 2008: We did it all over again.....


The boys went up the side isle with Bro. Bobby. Then the girls walked down the center isle together (Jenni was just too shy to do it alone).



When everyone was on the platform they watched John and I come up the isle together. Some of our pictures came out blurry so I don't have any for some things. But we make do with what we have and are grateful for them.

We renewed our vows, Sandy sang "I'll Be Here" and then we exchanged new rings!

I love my new ring!!! I wish I had a picture of his ring, too. It is so pretty!

The Kiss!

Here we are, again!

We choose to have just our four children in our "wedding party" this time. It worked out perfect because we have two girls and two boys! God does things so complete! They all looked so nice in their dressy clothes. We were very proud of them!

The younger kids did so good at standing up there. JC was almost like a statue at times! Jenni had that cute smurky smile a lot! We are very proud parents!

Sami had to get a few pictures with her sweetheart, Tim!

My baby sister, Sherri came all the way from Alabama with her wonderful husband, Raymond. They came early and helped me get so much done. It was wonderful having a few days to spend with them. We went out to eat a few times with the kids and they really enjoyed getting to know their aunt and uncle better! We love them so much!
They make such a sweet couple! She and I spent a LOT of our time finding her that cute dress to wear. She looks so beautiful! I took her and Sami to have manicures and pedicures that afternoon. Then we had someone come to the house and do our hair, including Jenni's. I hope they all felt pampered and loved because that is what I wanted!

Sandy is one of those special people that comes into your life and makes things feel complete. She has been my "mom" for the past 10 years or so. I don't know what we would have done without her in our lives. She and Steve have been the grandparents to our younger children that they never had. She sang "I'll Be Here" during the ceremony. I couldn't have ask for a better person to sing that song for us.

The best man and bridesmaid from our first ceremony 25 years ago came! Suellen and Richard thanks for taking the time to be here for our celebration! You are loved!

Time to cut the cake! They tried to get us to feed each other and shove it in each others faces but I really wasn't into that! We just wanted to cut it and give it out for all to enjoy!

The cakes were fabulous. Kristi Walton made the brides cake and Cathy Huff made the grooms cake! They tasted so good!!! And they were so beautiful! More than we could have asked for!

We had many special people attend our celebration. Tim Musgrave was one of those. These three worked at an apartment complex Bible study ministry through Mission Arlington together on Friday afternoon's for many years.
Jenni's Teacher came. Thanks Ms. Kirkpatrick



Jackson and his family were there, too!

Jenni's bff and her family were there! Hi Kamryn!

Several of my daycare families came. Too cute!

JC had everyone captivated. I am not sure what he was telling them but all eyes were on him! I just thought this one was too funny to pass up.


A friend put together a video that was played during the reception. 

These were the highlights of the ceremony and reception. On my next post I will tell all about our honeymoon that was 25 years in the making! We didn't have one before. Thanks for letting me share this with you! It was a very special night! Thanks to all of you who had a hand in making it that way, there are many!

Until next time...blessings to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment