Thursday, January 6, 2011

Goals of Transformation in 2011

The theme for our church for 2011 is Transformed Along The Way. As followers of The Jesus Way, we are in a process of being spiritually formed, or more accurately described as transformation. Throughout the year Dr. Wiles will teach on six areas in our lives. Trust, Learn, Share, Love, Obey and Worship. I am so looking forward to seeing God move me closer to Him in these areas and how He does it.

My husband and I have been talking about this and personal goals for our family. We have discussed how we feel God calling us to be better stewards of our money and our possessions. I mentioned that we should take it a step further and include our time. This past year has been filled with many things that have shaped our desires for the coming year and beyond. While we haven't made huge strides in all directions, we have made some and at the same time seen where we need to make others.

We have learned to live on half the income we were making when the year started. It was a long hard struggle. But we came to realize possessions didn't make us happy or give us fulfillment in our lives. We had learned to live within the means we were accustomed to by the amount of money brought in. It seems like the more money a person makes the more they spend. We were not the exception to that rule. Soon we will have to get used to making even less when he changes positions at work to a lower paying one. He will have more time to live his life instead of it being all about work. So we are gaining more even though we will be making less. Today's world may find that hard to believe. We would rather him be a part of our lives and have less money than have more money and never see him.

The main thing that God is speaking to me about is my personal walk with Him. I want to grow closer to Him each day by making sure I start my day with Him. That I earnestly seek Him throughout my day. That I am sensitive to the Spirit's leading to pray, for my family and others that He lays on my heart at any given moment. I want to hear that still small voice ever so clearly and have Him stir my heart to action. I want to mirror that for my children and give them that example early in their lives so that they might have that closer walk with Him now and not wait till they are 45 years old.

We are beginning a new phase in our mission training. We will be starting the Advanced Panorama in February. We are so excited. This month we will meet with the Direct Mission Sending Council to talk about our next steps of being qualified to be sent. My hubby will be going on a week long water drilling training in March with Water for All International. The process of training is still very involved and we have no way of knowing how long it will take to get to the point God would have us be before we are sent. But God knows and we will be faithful to keep moving forward in whatever training He places before us. We feel one of the things we must focus on is gathering Prayer Teams across the globe to pray for our ministry. We feel that above all, prayer is key.

Another goal I have is my writing. I want to set aside time each day to do some kind of writing, be it on here or in a journal or working on a novel. I also want to set aside time to do writing exercises and read some of the great books on the craft of writing. I know God didn't give me the desire to write without a purpose. He has a purpose for my writing even if it isn't to be published. I am also getting more into doing reviews for some wonderful writers. God is speaking to me through those novels. It gives me an opportunity to recommend some great works to others so that His message through them can be heard.

I take my responsibility as wife and mother seriously. Not as seriously as I should, at times. I have let life drag me down and that is no excuse whatsoever. I am ashamed of how I have failed my family. But God gives us second chances and I am so grateful for that. Since it seems that I am not supposed to work outside the home at this time (when he goes back to days) then HE must want me to put more focus on the things in my home. I want to do a better job with my household responsibilities, with homeschooling, with teaching my children how to live The Jesus Way and being a better example of the fruit of the Spirit in my everyday life. Those are some challenging things but I know He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world. The one that wants me to stumble cannot have victory over me because I have victory in Christ Jesus.

My weight is a huge issue, no pun intended. OK. Maybe it was. I am very upset with myself right now because I have let myself gain 35 pounds in almost 3 years. I had lost 26 pounds 3 years ago. And now I weigh even more than before. My highest non-pregnant weight. As we look towards and train for overseas cross-cultural work we have talked about "getting in shape". And I just keep getting more OUT OF SHAPE! I know part of the problem is my thyroid but mostly it is my eating habits. So that is another way I want to be transformed this year, eating smaller portions, eating healthier, exercising, and dropping this weight once and for all. I know I will be happier. I just have to do it.

I hope that you will seek His transformations in your life in 2011. Please keep us in your prayers as we seek that in our lives. 

Until next time...blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment