Sunday, January 10, 2010

At Year's End 2009


November was filled with lots to be thankful for, including a wonderful Thanksgiving day with all of my kids here, even if it was only half the day. That is such a blessing, to have us together for the holidays. I intended to make a list of what I was thankful for, but time got away from me. The kids did do some nice things for a few of our neighbors as a "Thanksgiving" gift. They raked and bagged their leaves for free. The ladies were so grateful and tried to pay them but they told them it was a gift to them. I am a proud mom!

December was filled with lots of "Christmas" happenings. It snowed three times and stuck twice!!!! YES, in Texas! Hard to believe, I know. But God blessed us with a white Christmas in Texas! We spent December baking goodies for others instead of buying things. We also had a "small" material Christmas. I had told the kids last year that this Christmas would be much smaller in that sense than all the other ones they had ever known. I am a huge over spender when it comes to gifts because I just want my kids to have it all! They DON'T NEED it all! After being a mom for almost 23 years I finally get it! Each child (plus each parent, yes it included us) got one gift around $50. They also got one gift from their older sister and then one from the two siblings they live with. So three gifts per person. (Plus, we put some small stuff in the stockings. My kids know the stockings are from us but we still like to pretend). I also got several movies sets for very low price to put in a box for everyone to open. We don't have cable or even TV without the use of a DVD or the Wii hooked up. And believe it or not, it was one of the very best Christmas' that we have ever had. I am so glad that I allowed the Spirit to guide me in this direction. We focused more on giving and more on Christ than ourselves, as it should be.

The year was filled with so many blessings that I am not sure I could even count them. God has been so good to us. Even through all the little things that didn't seem so good He brought good out of them.


I have many changes going on for 2010. I will go into that in another post. But just know they are major changes and it is quite a shock to a certain extent. But I am hanging on tight to HIM and waiting to see where He takes me on this journey in 2010! What an adventure life is with Him. May you all have a wonderful 2010. May you grow closer to Christ daily. 

Until next time...blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment