Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Thoughts Are Powerful...Use Them Wisely

I am on week three of my new workout plan. I have combined two different workouts, Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN Extreme. I love, love, love my Turbo Fire, but I wanted to add some weight exercises to my daily routine. Why? Because muscle burns fat! I am building muscle so I can burn more fat. I am becoming lean and strong! 

I've had a few set backs the past two weeks, mostly weekends. But I just keep picking myself up and moving forward. I found a great article that addresses that by Chalene that I feel is going to help me succeed this coming weekend. You can check it out here

I changed my workouts back to late afternoons. I know I changed them from that to early mornings but it just wasn't working for me. I was dead tired by 10 a.m. and I can't afford that when I have children to teach. I found I started sleeping better so I really needed that extra 2 hours of sleep in the mornings since I tend to stay up just a bit late with reading or personal stuff. I don't get a lot of me time during the day. I'm doing my best to make time for me. My workouts are part of that. 

Last week was kinda crazy. We had a fun 4th of July weekend but during the night on Sunday someone let out dogs out of the back yard. One of them was hit by a car and killed. The other was lost. We spent all day Monday looking for her and the whole week was filled with looking for her or getting people to share pictures of her, etc. And like I said, I didn't work out that weekend or the past weekend. Yesterday, Monday, a week from the time she went missing, our lost dog showed up on the front porch before sunrise. So Monday was filled with excitement and joy over her return but not so much of a workout. 

Today I got back on track and hit PLAY on my videos. I felt wonderful! I remembered WHY I work out. I feel so good after I complete my workout. I know I am making healthy choices for my body and my life. I remembered WHY I do the videos I do. I do my CE first, the free weight workout. Each time I do one I know I am building more muscle. I have been able to increase the amount of weight I am using with each exercise. At some point I will have to get some more weights since I only have 20's. She uses 25's on some of her exercises. My coach tells me to push myself because I am stronger than I think I am. I found out today that is true. I pushed myself to harder weights than I did before. I know I am going to be sore tomorrow! And that is totally OK with me. That means I actually did it right. Next, I get my Turbo Fire on. Turbo Fire is what is called my soul-mate workout. I love it. It is fun and I just enjoy doing it. I have never fallen in love with a workout like this. Every time I do it I try a little harder to get the form correct and to put just a bit more effort into each move. Let me encourage you to do the same. Whatever workout you are doing, no matter what it is, go a little extra each time. Put forth a bit more effort to get more results. You can do it!

My eating is better most of the time. I am having my Shakeo every morning, even weekends now. I prepped my food this weekend so there is fruit salad and tossed salad in the fridge to eat on daily. We grilled Monday so there is different kinds of meat ready to add to any meal without the hassle of cooking it for long periods of time. I hard boiled half a dozen eggs to add to my salad or just to have one as a snack with a touch of cracked pepper and sea salt. It helps me provide healthy meals quick for my family on days when I need to be in and out of the kitchen quickly so I make the right choices. I have juice sometimes at dinner so having most of the meal ready for my family makes it easier on me to say no to a meal and just have my freshly made juice. Any amount of prep time you can accomplish at the start of your week will help you succeed in the area of food. You can workout every day but if you do not change your eating habits it isn't going to do much good. As long as you are putting junk IN your body it will NOT function properly. It will be like a car that has water in the tank. Let me encourage you in this way, too. Each day change one thing to get to healthier food choices. Cut out sodas and alcoholic beverages and replace them with water with a touch of lemon or other citrus fruit. Stop smoking. Cut out processed foods and replace them with healthier, fresh food choices. The old saying "you are what you eat" is true. What you put into your body will determine what your body looks like on the outside and how it performs for you on a daily basis. 

A big part of your fitness journey is how you talk to yourself and the goals you set. You have to tell yourself you are going to do it. You can't use the words try or maybe or whatever else falls into that group. You have to set real goals and tell yourself every day you are going to do it. You are going to eat a healthy lunch. you are going to work out. You ARE strong. You are going to finish your challenge for the month, etc. Don't allow any negative words to get inside your head because what your mind hears is what your going to believe. Tell yourself you are going to meet those goals. Even give yourself a date. But believe it. The more you say it will help it become a reality. The positive can push out the negative from your mind. Then you will see results. 

I turn 50 in 4 1/2 months. I am going to be so amazingly strong by then after doing these awesome workouts during that time. After I finish the 18 week program I am seriously considering doing the Body Beast, I hear tell there is going to be a new addition later this year. Can't wait. I might partner that with the new CIZE workout since that is a fun dance series. I have to keep this in my mind at all times because I can let my everyday life get me so busy I forget that I have some series fitness goals for ME. One of the things I AM going to do for my 50th birthday is a photo shoot. I can't wait to document what an amazingly strong body I am going to have to show for all this hard work. 

My coach and I are starting a new free challenge next Monday. A Summer of Salads is going to be a great way to make summer healthier and easier without turning on the stove to have a delicious meal. If you are interested in this new group, visit my fb page and look for more details. I would love to have you join us. 

Changing my life one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment