Monday, October 10, 2011

All or Nothing

I'm what you might call an all or nothing kind of person. I throw my whole self into what I am doing or I don't do it. That is really a big problem for me at times. I know this about myself and if I feel I can't put my all into it, I just won't start it. My life is full of many things and I have even MORE that I need to be doing.

I am a wife so I have a home to take care of and run. I am the mom to four children, three living at home right now. I homeschool my two youngest children, grades 5 and 7. I review books and other Christian products. I work in many ministries at my church on Wednesday nights. I work with my family at an apartment church on Sunday mornings AFTER we go to church and Sunday School. I love to sew and scrapbook. 

Right now there are MANY sewing and scrapbook projects that I am behind on. I KNOW I need to get busy and do a little each day or at least pick a day a week and work on one of them. But I am not good at doing that. Remember...I am an all or nothing kind of person. If I can't throw myself into it and work on it until I am done, I tend to avoid it. 

My main focus right now is my kids school. That takes a great deal of my time and mental energy. We spend a huge portion of each day during the week getting our lessons done. Some days we are busy in the afternoons with outside the house homeschool activities, like sports or a group get together. Once a month we have Friday off because of a group meeting and an outing to CiCi's Pizza with our group. On those weeks we combine our Friday work during the rest of the week so we don't get behind. We have done so well with that this year. I'm very proud of the kids and myself. After all, if I didn't stay on track they wouldn't either. I know that from past years. It was easy for me to let them have an extra day off if I felt lazy. I refuse to let myself do that this year. This is week 10 and we have stayed the course! 

The next main thing that consumes me is the running of our home. Making sure laundry gets done, meals are made and the kitchen cleaned up. I have to admit that on weekends I am lax in those areas. Monday's usually are filled with playing catch up. I am fortunate that I have my kids to help me. They are learning how to get household chores done so that when they are in a home of their own they will know what to do. As part of the meals for the family, I am cutting coupons and cutting back our expenses at the store. Partially because of necessity. We have to cut back because we have less to put towards it. We are trying to pay off debt so we need to put less towards food and more towards bills. We are not going without food even though we eat less fancy and eat out less. We are learning to make due and eat what we have at the time. 

So while I know I need to get my pictures in scrapbooks and out of containers and I need to get my fabric pieced into quilts for family members, I walk by it daily without touching it. My goal...always...to spend some time working on it each week, if not each day. Maybe I will find motivation to get to it soon. It is my hope.

Until next time...blessings to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment