Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Favorite Season?

Fall just might be my favorite season. I really do love fall, for many reasons. I think I would love fall even if I didn't live somewhere that had 100+ temps all summer. But let me share some other reasons why I love fall. They are much sweeter. 

Getting up in the morning and putting on my socks and sweater so I can stay warm and enjoy the coolness in the air at the same time.

Watching the leaves turn brilliant colors right across the street from me. I often dream of driving through the New England states to see even more brilliance than we get to see in Texas. God's handiwork amazes me.


Sitting on the front porch enjoying the coolness of the afternoon as the breeze blows the trees.

Getting our my fall decorations, like my Fall Angels. I got them a few years ago and just love them. I collect angels so it was perfect when I found them.

There are still warm days mixed in with the cool days but they aren't scorching. 

Carving pumpkins with John and the kids. Last year was our first year but they had so much fun so we will make it a yearly tradition. They picked out their pumpkins on a home school field trip. Fun, fun! 

Baking cookies and muffins to fill the house with warm scents that remind me the holidays are near. 

Having a fire going in the fire place and curling up on the couch to read. This HAS to be one of my favorite ways to read. 

Drinking pumpkin spice flavored coffee. It usually comes out in September and I try to stock up and enjoy it way past winter. 

I get to wear my warmer clothes, hoodies, sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets and coats. 

Leaving the doors and windows open for the cool breeze to come in. Our electric bill drops greatly!


Watching my kids bless the neighbors by bagging their leaves for free. That tradition started out several years ago and continues. I am proud of them.

Participating with my family on Thanksgiving Day delivering turkeys to the families through Mission Arlington. Every Thanksgiving morning our family heads up to the mission to get our list of families requesting dinners. We deliver them and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Spending an afternoon at the park with my family. On Saturday or Sunday we take our lunch to the park and enjoy the time together at a slower pace. 

Getting to do fall crafts with the kids, here at home and at church. There are some great fall projects that don't cost much to do. 

Attending the fall festivals with my family and friends at church. Our church puts on a city wide festival. Everyone is invited! We have so many people come. What a great time of ministry.

Taking the families from our apartment church to the Mission Arlington  Harvest Fest. We have a hay ride, games, face painting and food. Smiles on the kids faces outshine it all.

I am sure I could come up with many more but for now, this is my list. Are there some special fall things you treasure? Share them with me. I would love to hear about them and maybe add them to my list! 

Until next time...blessings to you.





1 comment:

  1. Terri, I enjoyed this post! I love Fall too. It becomes a little less active once the kids are grown and out of the house, but I still love the Fall colors and the cooling temperatures. I like looking forward to Thanksgiving, and knowing the family will be together - as many of us as can make it, since we now live in different states.

    I can see why you're proud of your children. That's a wonderful blessing for them to bestow on your neighbors! Kudos to your kids - and to you for raising them to be giving of themselves and their time!

    ReplyDelete