Saturday, July 21, 2007

5 Reasons I Love Jesus

I have read so many others reasons why they love Jesus and they have done such a good job of putting into words the love they feel for HIM and I can honestly say I second their sentiments. But I have to come up with my own list and not be too repetitive, if I can. I had to finish up my vacation pictures so during that time I thought about how I wanted to approach this topic and found the one that I wanted. It actually came about during a blog conversation with a friend about Precept Bible Studies. The very first one my husband and I did was Lord, I Want To Know You. It is about the names of God. I came to know Him in a more personal and intimate way through that study and my love for Him grew. So here are 5 of my reasons (there are many more than that, as others have stated) that I love Jesus!


1. He is El Shaddai: The All-Sufficient One. God Almighty. When I am feeling like I am missing something or just unhappy I can run to my Jesus and know He has all I need or will ever need. "When I am weak, in Christ I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2. He is Adonai: Lord and Master. He has total possession of me and has my total submission to Him as Lord and Master. "Every knee must bow and confess Him as Lord to the glory of the Father" Philippians 2:10-11.

3. He is Jehovah-jireh: The Lord will provide. He provided for my death. He died for me so that I didn't have to. He provided for my eternity. And He also provides for my needs daily. "My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19.

4. He is Jehovah-raah: The Lord is my Shepherd. He takes care of me, directs me, removes me from harms way and protects me. I want for nothing because He has taken care of it. I don't need to fear because He is there. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want" Psalm 23:1.

5. He is Jehovah-shalom: The Lord of Peace. He is my peace. He is the Prince of Peace. In Him I have peace in the middle of a chaotic world. If I keep my eyes upon Him, I will have that peace. I have peace knowing that I have the Prince of Peace in my heart so that I need not fear on that day of judgment. I have peace that I will be in Heaven one day with Him. "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.

There are many other reasons and names of the Lord for why I love Him. I could go on forever. But that is not the meme! If you have never done that study, I encourage you to. It can change how you see the Lord and draw you closer to Him as you learn about Him through His names.

Until next time...blessings to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment