Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Our July Vacation - Part Two - Fishing and Rock Skipping

We found a lovely spot to fish the first night we were at the campsite. We were one mile from Turquoise Lake so we found this nice spot to stop and fish for about an hour before heading back to camp to make dinner on the camp fire.

The two younger kids jumped around in the lake while the older guys got the fishing stuff ready. I spread out a large square blanket towel and took pictures the whole time. 


"Dad, what am I supposed to do?"

Nick went off to the side to sit and fish.

Jenni stayed pretty close to me.

JC was on the other end but not too far from me either.
Here goes the cast.


OK, reel it in!


"Dad, I think I'm stuck again!"


John didn't get much time off to himself. He spent a LOT of his time fixing the kids lines.



The next day we decided to drive around the lake and see what there was to see.

We found a great spot for them to come back and go fishing later that day. Then the rock skipping "contest" began.
Then it was time for John to "show you how it's done".

They really had fun doing that. I just thought it was cute how their dad had his "stance" and that I was able to capture the rings in the photo, too. It was a beautiful day. Tomorrow I will share some of the other pictures of our trip around the lake.

Until next time...blessing to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment