Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Super Juice Me Day One

Day One:

My routine is not exactly what I want it to be yet, but I will be working on getting it on track each day. Today when I got up I drank about 8 ounces of water. I have the 16 oz. Flylady stainless water bottle that keeps water very cold. I fill it up before I go to bed and put it on my night stand. During the day I put a hair tie around it each time I fill it up. That helps me keep track of how much water I am drinking every day. My goal is between 1 and 2 liters a day, which would be 3 or 4 times. 

I made some herbal tea in a large mug around 8:30. Sometimes that will be earlier, when I get up earlier. I used my k-cup Lemon Zinger. I'm glad I can still use my Keurig even though I am not drinking my cafe mocha anymore. I then drank the other half of my water.

Around 9:45 I headed into the kitchen to start my morning juices. I forgot to take a picture of the first one. Every morning I will have a "shot" which is a small amount of power juice to kick start the day followed by a regular glass of juice. The one for today was called a Ginger Shot. It contains an apple and ginger. The ginger is like a kick in the pants, spicy. But good. You just drink that down pretty fast. 

Then I made my Protein Rich Powerhouse "thicky", as they call it. It is thick like a smoothie but it's not full of any thing but fruits and veggies. I actually made and drank this one twice today, once at 10 a.m. and once at 7 p.m. I decided I would use my special Disney glasses that I purchased long ago just to make it more fun. They are very sturdy glasses but we never use them because we didn't want them to get broken when the kids were little. The GLASS works great because plastic cups retain the smell of the juice from smoothies and things like that. Glass cleans up very well. This one tasted great both times. I added ice to them to chill it a bit more. You can also put it in the blender and crush it like a smoothie but I think this works fine. This one had things you needed to blend in the blender AFTER you finish juicing. So you pour your juice in the blender and then add the ingredients like avocado and banana plus hemp protein and seeds. 

I have to tell you that the pulp from it is a LOT. And I didn't have my bucket exactly right so it flew out all over the place. I corrected it by pulling the plastic bag OVER the spout so it couldn't fly out between the two. Worked GREAT. I juiced four times today. I am counting the shot and the first full glass of juice as one because I did not clean it between the two since there was really no need to. It was very easy to clean. I think it would be extremely difficult to clean if you did not do it right away. It would give the food a chance to stick and it wouldn't rinse off like it does fresh. So my advice is to make sure you take a couple of minutes to clean your juicer and blender after you finish using them, before you drink your juice. It really is quick so you don't have to worry your juice will get old before you're done. 

I made the Breath of Fresh Air juice at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. That one has a strong aftertaste because it has ginger in it. It also has beets. Make sure if you have large beets you cut them down to size and don't use a whole beet or it will be overwhelming. I had large ones so I cut them into four pieces and used one each time. The juice is a pretty deep red color and tastes good with the exception of the kick at the end of a drink. I drank lots of water during and afterwards. It helps get the taste out of your mouth pretty easily. The drink wasn't horrible so I won't dread it when it is time to have it again. 

At 9 p.m. it is time for an evening hot herbal tea to help with sleep. I am going to bed early tonight, as soon as I finish drinking my tea and going through my evening routine of washing my face, brushing my teeth and putting lotion on my dry skin. I also take the time to put some Thieves essential oils on the bottom of my feet to help me ward off illness. For me, fitness is a whole body experience, inside and out. It is time for me to start taking care of my body the best I can. It is the only body I will ever have. If I don't take care of it then I won't be able to walk around much longer.  

Speaking of walking, I got up late this morning because of being up late last night. I didn't get my morning workout in but fully intended to workout this evening. I didn't expect to break my little toe this morning and render myself unable to even walk without serious pain. I have it wrapped and that seems to help some. I am applying ice, too. It is my hope that it will be much better even tomorrow. 

I hope this encourages you to follow whatever plan you have decided is best for you. But do something that will help you get/stay healthy and live a more productive life. It isn't really about being super skinny or being on a diet. It is about only putting GOOD things in and on your body so that it can be the way God intended it to be when He created us.

Changing my life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment