Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Super Juice Me Day Seven

Day Seven

Today started out like any other day. I got up and drank my tea while doing my morning quiet time. I worked with the preschoolers and then got them situated before making my ten a.m. juice. While the kids were outside I worked hard at making them and my family a great lunch. As they were eating I got a phone call from my sister telling me our aunt had passed away. I went through an array of emotions during that phone call. I won't go into all of them but normally I would have turned to food for comfort. But even after just one week that is no longer what I felt like doing. After we finished talking about our aunt, we started talking about juicing. 

My sister has many health issues and I just felt I needed to share this with her. So as we began to talk about it, I made my first afternoon juice. She was super excited and had actually read some things about it and seen some of Jason Vale's videos. I told her all about the app and how great it was. I feel great that I can pass along some of what I learn to my family and friends. 

I quickly decided I was going to make a trip for the funeral. The family viewing is tomorrow at 3 in the afternoon and the actual funeral is Thursday morning at 10. I am only taking my youngest daughter with me on the trip. My mind started trying to figure out how I could manage to keep juicing while I was away. Part of my mind said, "You can't. You are going to have to eat. This is a great excuse to stop at that Sam's Restaurant either on the way there or the way home." Ugh. I actually was going to let my mind get away with that. I want to be honest here because if I can't share my struggles then what good is this to anyone? I was all set to eat dinner somewhere with them or whatever and I was all set on stopping to eat at Sam's on the way home. I meant to eat as "clean" as I could, mind you. But really, I NEED to finish my 28 days and stay strong through it. I really do. 

I went to the store to buy some containers for my juices. I "planned" on bringing SOME of my juices and just eating food a couple of times. But as I was looking at containers I started to really think about what I was doing. I decided that I would buy three containers. I have a shaker bottle already and it will hold two servings. My two afternoon ones tomorrow will fit in that container because they are the same thing. I am going to drink my 10 a.m. juice before I leave. I made my 7 p.m. for tomorrow and my 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ones for Thursday. I am bringing ALL of my juices that I will need with me. I may get home past 4 on Thursday but I will be OK to make and drink that one a little late. I am so proud of myself. They are in the freezer and I will move them to the ice chest before we leave in the morning. Now, I just need to stay on track and NOT fall off the plan while I am gone. 

As I start week 2, I am happy to say I made it all the way through week 1 and I am ready for this week's challenges. 

Changing my life one day at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment