Monday, May 12, 2014

Super Juice Me Days 5 and 6

Days 5 and 6

Day 5 was Mother's Day. Some might wonder if I threw in the towel and went out to lunch with my family because it was a holiday. I'm proud to say the answer to that would be no. In fact, I went home after church and made my family a nice meal and drank my juice. I have NOT gone off the plan at all except to miss one of the morning "shots" or forget to drink my evening hot tea. 

Day 6 is a typical Monday for me. Back to the normal daily schedule. I did everything right on schedule today. I made lunch for the kids and for John. I have added a daily salad for my family at lunch to make it a more balanced meal. I look forward to eating them when the 28 days is up. I'm making sure we have a variety of fruits and veggies during the meals, too. Tonight when I was making a simple sandwich for the kids it was almost overwhelming. I only buy the Simply chips these days with few exceptions. I opened a bag of the Simply Cheetos and the smell was so tempting. I put them on their plates and shoved the bag in my daughter's hands and said "clip it fast". She was so funny. She rolled it closed and got a clip very quickly. That is one thing about anything I do, my family is super supportive. They understand to a certain extent how hard it is not being able to eat the things they are eating right now. But they have tried my juices and really like some of them. I am looking forward to making them juices at least once a day when I am done with this, if not before. They get me to juice them things from time to time already. 

Tonight instead of juice I had what they call a special guest. It was an almond milk smoothie. I made my own almond milk and added free trade cocoa, honey, tahini past, a whole ripe banana and a little ice. It was the first chocolate anything I have had in over a week. It wasn't bad. I made sure not to put too much tahini and I added a tiny bit extra of cocoa. The honey didn't dissolve all the way, some stuck to the side of the blender. I wonder if it would have tasted much different if it had mixed up better. I have a feeling it is something I might really like AFTER I haven't had a chocolate bar in a really long time. 

I am still reading Jason Vale's book "Freedom from the Diet Trap" and loving it. It is changing the way I look at food and the food industry, plus the whole diet industry. He is pretty cut and dry about stuff but funny, too. I want my whole family to read it when I am done. I am thinking of making it a reading assignment for my teens and get them to give me their "report" on what they think about it afterwards in the form of "oral book reports". 

Overall, I feel great. I am sleeping pretty well and feel like I have plenty of energy during the day. I do get sleepy and ready for bed pretty early. Sleep seems to be key on this journey. It is also a mental battle. I have set my mind that I am NOT going to eat the foods I put in front of other people right now even though I am making theirs. Because of that I am able to do it without sticking the stuff in my mouth. I do have to watch myself because I am one of those ladies who will take a bite here and there while she is cooking a meal. I have caught myself several times. At least I caught myself BEFORE and not AFTER eating it. You just have to decide what you are going to do and then do it. If you mess up, don't stop. Keep going. One mistake doesn't make the whole thing void. It just means it might be a bit more challenging to resist the next time. Every time you make the choice to NOT do something you decided you wouldn't, you give yourself power to keep going. Don't give up. If it is something worth doing, it will always have challenges. 


Changing my life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment