Friday, May 9, 2014

Super Juice Me Day Three

Day Three

Today's schedule was different from my usual one. We went to the homeschool book fair so I knew I would not be home at 10 to juice. I drank my juice an hour early. But the rest of the day was at the regular time. I had my tea at normal time. I had the Ginger Shot at 8:45. 

The 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. juice is called Sweet 'N' Smooth Veggie Blend. It has half of an avocado in it but I don't think it was ripe enough because it didn't blend well. I had chunks of it that I had to chew as I drank. That is NOT the point in this drink. You are supposed to be able to save your stomach the trouble of "chewing" the food. It did not make for a pleasant drink. Make sure your avocado is ripe so it will blend well. The one I had on a different day was great and added so much to the drink. 

My 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. juice was called Digestive Aid. It tasted good but had the kick after taste because of the ginger that was in it. I am hoping I can learn to "like" the ginger kick more than I do now. I know it has wonderful things in it for my body. THAT is the reason I am doing this. That is the reason I am changing the way I eat and drink. This is NOT short term. Yes, I will go back to eating whole foods and not just juices. But I will be eating ones that don't have additives and chemicals in them. I am working on my mental image of how I will eat even now.

At this point, how I see myself eating AFTER is this: 
Breakfast: My Healthy Smoothie, possibly some toast and an egg with a slice of tomato or something like that. 
Snack: Giddy Up and Go Granola or some fresh fruit
Lunch: This will be our large meal of the day with some type of meat, chicken or fish plus fresh veggies and healthy bread. Possibly a healthy dessert, too.
Snack: Fresh fruit and peanut butter or other healthy snack
Dinner: One of the thick juices from the Super Juice Me plan

I will adjust it as I see the need. It is my hope that as my stomach shrinks to hold less food I will be able to handle my portion control during the day much better than I do now. That is the main issue. I eat too much at meals and tend to want to snack, too. I want to eat a good sized meal at lunch with many healthy foods in it that taste wonderful to take care of my want to chew and taste each day. But I need to keep my portions small enough to keep the weight off and to continue to loose after I am finished with the 28 days. I am confident I will be able to do that as long as I keep it in the forefront of my mind daily. I have to remember my WHY for the change. 

I didn't really have craving struggles today. I let my family go eat a burger while I stayed home and drank my juice. And I really felt OK with that. I wasn't wishing I could go with them and eat. I remembered the scales that showed I had lost weight already after only a couple of days on the plan. I got on the scale again tonight, I don't recommend that but I just couldn't seem to stop myself, and I am just barely under 180. I never would have thought I would be so happy about that because I hate being in the 170's. But when you get past the point of what you hated before it doesn't seem to look so bad. With extreme effort and willpower I am confident I will loose a good amount during the 28 days on this. How could I not? I will be eating only healthy foods and I do NOT plan on going OFF the plan during this 28 days for any reason. I will find a way to make it work the entire time. It would be lovely if I could loose a whole 28 pounds but I am not sure that is realistic. I will be happy with whatever I am able to loose as I learn to take better care of my body. My final weight goal is not clear in my mind yet. I don't know if it is realistic to WANT to weigh what I did before I ever had kids 27 years ago. I was 120 pounds before I got pregnant the first time. Can I get to that weight again? Should I even consider it? I really don't know. What I know is I am going to eat healthy and exercise. Whatever comes from that is what I will weigh and be happy with it. If I know I am eating the right foods and staying active then I will be happy with the weight I am at. 


Changing my life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment