Monday, June 25, 2007

An Almost "Midnight" Trip To Sonic



I was sitting here watching a movie with Jenni. JC had just gotten home from his friends house around the corner. His dad had picked him up before he left for work (He works nights). I got a thought out of the blue. "Wanna go get a chocolate shake?" A resounding "YES!" was heard throughout the house.


Why not? I can run to Sonic for a late night snack at 10 p.m. to spoil myself and my kids ever once in awhile, can't I? Sure I can. Normally, I am too tired at the end of the day to do anything but fall into bed. I don't know why I have a little more energy tonight than normal. It might be because I have been contemplating godly things all day and seeking His will in many things as I have gone through my day. I have drawn strength and wisdom from other godly women on their blogs.

So why did I go to Sonic at 10 at night? Part of it was because I really wanted a chocolate shake. And part of it was because it is summer, my kids don't have to go to school and they can sleep late in the morning if they want to. But not too late. During the summer we go to the free movies on Tuesdays. So we will go see Curious George in the morning and have a good laugh at the movies for free. I am trying to do lots of fun things with the kids during the summer so that we can build some fun memories of their childhood summers. I am big on memories! I sure wish I could find more time so I could scrapbook. I really love to capture my memories that way. Someday....

Night!

Until next time...blessings to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment