Monday, June 4, 2007

Memories Monday #1 Westcliffe, Colorado

I realize that my memories for Westcliffe don't date back to far. We just discovered it last September! (The picture is from September 2006.) But I know in my heart that God led us to that sweet little town under the mountains. As we drove from Colorado Springs to Westcliffe we didn't know what we would find. Neither John nor I had ever even heard of it, let alone been there. The drive from CS to Westcliffe takes about an hour and a half. As we drove we talked about what we were looking for and what we hoped to find. We were meeting a guy that was to show us some land. We got closer to Westcliffe and the views began to change from the Pikes Peak mountains to the Sangre De Cristo Mountains (The Blood of Christ), which are just as beautiful in their own right. I think in some ways they are even more beautiful. As we set out to look at the three properties that Bob had for us to look at we prayed for guidance and His wisdom for the property that was for us. The first two we knew were not what we wanted. When we saw the third one we just knew it was the one. We took pictures of it so we could look at them and pray about it and decide if we were supposed to put an offer on it. Only through the grace of God did we get the bid and then were able to get the financing to pay for it. I know that God will provide the money to pay it off and build a house on it someday.

We can't seem to stay away. We returned to Colorado for Thanksgiving. We found a small layer of snow on the land. We also got to go sledding in northern Colorado. The kids love Colorado as much as we do and are excited to get to move there. I don't know when the Lord will do that but we are waiting to see. We also spent a whole week in Westcliffe on Spring Break this year and found even more snow on the land. We even found a frozen lake. I took a wonderful picture of the sunset. It is like fire in the sky. Our next trip is the week of July 4th. We are so excited to be going back. We will spend some time in Westcliffe and then the other half in an area north of that. I will be glad to have that memory for the kids for 2007's July 4th.

Memories, what are my favorite ones? The memories that I make with my husband and children doing things that we enjoy. We enjoy going to Colorado and seeing new things each time. We love to explore the wonders that God created. I can't wait to see some new and wonderful creations while we are there next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment