Friday, June 22, 2007

Finally Friday



  Thank You, Lord, for Friday's. It has been a LONG week. Not a bad week, but long. The weekend was a busy one, remember it was Father's Day. Sunday started out with Donuts with Dad before Sunday School. After Sunday School, like any other Sunday morning, we headed to the apartment complex to teach Bible Study to the kids that come to hear about Jesus. Afterwards we met our oldest at Cracker Barrel to celebrate Father's Day with all four of our children. It was a great lunch but we had little time to sit and enjoy it. Sami had to get to work and the two younger kids had a birthday party to attend at 2:30. After the party the first day of our Vacation Bible School started. 


It was a wonderful week at Vacation Bible School, VBS. I was helping out in the 4's class and we had 7 regular kids each night. There were two nights that we had only 5 but it wasn't like most years were we just kept adding kids each night. We really had a great group of kids and they were great at remembering all they had learned each night. My kids had a great time in their classes. Game Champ was a helper in the 3rd grade class. He really enjoyed that. Each evening after all my daycare children left we would rush up to the church so we could get there by 6:15 and we didn't arrive home until 9:30. John had to leave for work each night by 9:40 so we didn't get to see him very much. VBS ran from Sunday through Thursday night.

Now, just because I had to work VBS all week didn't mean I got the week off from my daycare. On the contrary, during the summer I have extra kids, summer school age kids. On Tuesday mornings I take them to see a free movie. I take only the older children, no one under 2. The children are very well behaved on our outings. But the noise level can rise in the playroom when all the children are awake and playing the many different things they get into each day. By the end of the day, I was beat. I seemed to have a hard time sleeping, or I should say resting this week. I had a lot on my mind with our vacation coming up and trying to plan that as well as deal with all the daycare stuff that comes at me each day.

After reading the 30 day challenge my mind has been focused on some other things. More important things. My focus has been on my marriage and my husband. I went out to the shelves of books and got my copy of "The Praying Wife" and started reading the introduction. I know how great prayer can be. So as this week comes to a close and our short weekend comes and goes more quickly than I care to think about; I am going to do what I can so that this weekend and the following weeks don't drag me back to thinking about earthly things. I am excited to see what God is going to do with our relationship. We have been through so much together. We have been closer than we are now but only because of time spent together where we get hardly any now. But I plan trips together so we can have that time together or we would not see each other at all. I make us take time off. He appreciates it and I am glad. Next Friday night we will be on our way to Colorado for a week. We are so excited and I am going to use the time to study more and spend time with the Lord to grow.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at some pictures from VBS. It was a blessing and I can't wait to help again next year! Even in the mist of all the things I have had to do this week, I have enjoyed the blessings I have received and been a part of giving to the children this week.

Until next time...blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment